WB BJP submits memorandum to women`s panel on Tapas Pal
Kolkata: The BJP today submitted a memorandum to the West Bengal Women`s Commission seeking its intervention for the arrest of actor-turned-MP Tapas Pal who was in the centre of a controversy for his discourteous and offencive statements on women.
Party spokesman Ritesh Tiwari told PTI that a delegation had met the Commission chairperson Sunanda Mukherjee and submitted the memorandum.
He alleged that a number of FIRs had been filed against Pal, but the state government was not taking steps for his arrest.
Tiwari said that commission had been urged to intervene and ask the state government to order his arrest. Earlier, state BJP president Rahul Sinha had said that the party would approach Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan and apprise her about the MP`s conduct in the coming Parliament session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie