WB BJP submits memorandum to women`s panel on Tapas Pal
Kolkata: The BJP on Thursday submitted a memorandum to the West Bengal Women`s Commission seeking its intervention for the arrest of actor-turned-MP Tapas Pal who was in the centre of a controversy for his discourteous and offencive statements on women.
Party spokesman Ritesh Tiwari told PTI that a delegation had met the Commission chairperson Sunanda Mukherjee and submitted the memorandum.
He alleged that a number of FIRs had been filed against Pal, but the state government was not taking steps for his arrest.
Tiwari said that commission had been urged to intervene and ask the state government to order his arrest.
Earlier, state BJP president Rahul Sinha had said that the party would approach Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan and apprise her about the MP`s conduct in the coming Parliament session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC topper Tina Dabi's advice to girl students - Read
- Omar Abdullah rubbishes Mehbooba Mufti's claim, says ''she was aware of security encounter with Wani''
- Mainpuri Dalit couple murder: Akhilesh govt assures speedy justice to victim's kin
- Church attacker threatened France in new video
- Australian PM says won't back former leader Rudd for top UN job