WB BJP to gherao Writers` Buildings on Tuesday
Kolkata: The BJP would gherao state
secretariat, Writers` Buildings, on Tuesday in protest against
the price rise and increasing unemployment in West Bengal.
"Our protest is against the price rise, increasing
unemployment, closure of factories and deterioration of law
and order in the state," state BJP President Rahul Sinha told
a press conference today.
The gherao would be preceded by demonstrations at four
points in the metropolis -- Bipin Bihari Ganguly Street,
Bentinck Street, Ganesh Chandra Avenue crossing besides Subodh
Mullick Square and the Tea Board in central Kolkata.
Five processions from Subodh Mullick Square, Sealdah,
Howrah, Tala Park and Central Avenue would march towards
Writers` Buildings, Sinha said.
The demonstrations would begin from 11:00 am and
continue till 4:00 pm.
He alleged that the CPI(M), which will hold a rally in
the central Kolkata at the same time, was attempting to foil
the BJP`s programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'