WB cabinet clears decks for six new govt colleges in state
Kolkata: The West Bengal government will set up six new government colleges in four districts.
Of the six, three government colleges will be set up at Debagram, Tehatta and Nakashipara in Nadia district.
The three others will come up at Kushmandi in South Dinajpur, Gopiballavpur in West Midnapore and Pedong in Darjeeling district, Industry minister Partha Chatterjee said today after a cabinet meeting at the relocated state secretariat `Nabanna` in Howrah district.`
The cabinet presided over by Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee also decided to sanction lien for five years to those holding posts in the newly elected panchayat bodies, if they were in service, Chatterjee said.
"This will help them to devote more time to development work," he said.
The elected representatives holding posts in new panchayat bodies will not be entitled to draw more than one salary, the minister added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security