WB cabinet okays 730 days CCL for working mothers
Kolkata: West Bengal Government on Thursday
declared 730 days Child Care Leave (CCL) for working mothers
employed by the state government, apart from their scheduled
maternity leaves, during their entire service career.
"This revolutionary decision has been taken in the
state cabinet meeting today. The entire holiday will be with
pay", state`s Industry and Commerce Minister Partha Chatterjee
With this decision, working mothers employed by the
state government would be able to take care of their children
in a better way, he said.
Welcoming the decision, United State Government
Employees` Federation today described it as a `Historic
"We had a demand on this issue which the state
government responded positively", the Federation officials
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi