WB cabinet okays 730 days CCL for working mothers
Kolkata: West Bengal Government on Thursday
declared 730 days Child Care Leave (CCL) for working mothers
employed by the state government, apart from their scheduled
maternity leaves, during their entire service career.
"This revolutionary decision has been taken in the
state cabinet meeting today. The entire holiday will be with
pay", state`s Industry and Commerce Minister Partha Chatterjee
With this decision, working mothers employed by the
state government would be able to take care of their children
in a better way, he said.
Welcoming the decision, United State Government
Employees` Federation today described it as a `Historic
"We had a demand on this issue which the state
government responded positively", the Federation officials
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq