WB CID asks facebook to delete anti-Mamata pics
Kolkata: Days after a cartoon of West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee stirred hornets` nest, the Trinamool supremo now seems to have taken offence to some of her pictures posted on the social networking site Facebook.
According to reports, the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) of West Bengal has written to Facebook authorities in the US to remove “malicious web contents” against Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and Union Railway Minister Mukul Roy. There are four pictures reportedly shown and Roy in a poor light.
The CID said that they are trying to locate the IP address of the computer from which the pictures were posted.
Earlier, a cartoon by Jadavpur University professor Ambikesh Mohapatra, posted in a social networking site showed the Chief Minister and the Railway Minister exchanging dialogues from popular Bengali film `Sonar Kella`, a detective thriller by Satyajit Ray, which alluded to the replacement of Trivedi by Roy as Railway Minister.
Mohapatra and his neighbour Subrata Sengupta were arrested and later released on bail.
The police action against Mahapatra sparked state-wide outrage against Mamata Banerjee government.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?