WB CM calls for review of maintenance, passenger safety
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister
Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee today said the issue of railways`
maintenance and passenger safety should be "seriously
reviewed" following the recent spurt in train accidents.
"Maintenance and safety aspects of passengers should
be reviewed with seriousness due to recent spurt in train
accidents," Bhattacharjee said in a statement condoling the
death of over 60 passengers in the rail disaster at Sainthia
in Birbhum district.
The Chief Minister said that the state administration
had put its best efforts to face the situation arising out of
the accident involving two express trains at Sainthia.
"The Birbhum district administration, police and the
health department have used all their resources in rescue
operations and arranging treatment of the injured," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29