WB CM calls for review of maintenance, passenger safety
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister
Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee today said the issue of railways`
maintenance and passenger safety should be "seriously
reviewed" following the recent spurt in train accidents.
"Maintenance and safety aspects of passengers should
be reviewed with seriousness due to recent spurt in train
accidents," Bhattacharjee said in a statement condoling the
death of over 60 passengers in the rail disaster at Sainthia
in Birbhum district.
The Chief Minister said that the state administration
had put its best efforts to face the situation arising out of
the accident involving two express trains at Sainthia.
"The Birbhum district administration, police and the
health department have used all their resources in rescue
operations and arranging treatment of the injured," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!