WB: Cong slams bureaucratisation of Panchayati Raj
Kolkata: The Congress on Sunday criticised
the West Bengal government for bureaucratisation of the
panchayati raj system in the state and said it would mobilise
people at the district and block level to protest against it.
"Panchayat administration should not be run by the
bureaucrats in the state,`` WBPCC president Pradip
Bhattacharya said and urged the government to allot more money
to strengthen the system.
"We will also organise people at the district and
block level against the bureaucratisation,`` Bhattacharya,
whose party is a partner in the Mamata Banerjee-led
He reminded the government that the Panchayati Raj
system was introduced to decentralise power and allow people
to run their administration instead of concentrating power in
the hands of bureaucrats.
Bhattacharya also said that the government should
ensure minimum support price (MSP) for paddy and jute to
protect farmers from misery and distress sale of their
He said, "Paddy and jute farmers in the state are
being deprived of the MSP announced by the Centre, leaving
them with no alternative but to go in for distress sale of
He said the Congress would organise a mass-deputation
at block level on December 9 and 10 demanding MSP in paddy and
He also alleged that fertilisers were not being
distributed properly among farmers in all places.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks