WB Congress plans rallies with Rahul Gandhi in its stronghold
Kolkata: Congress will counter BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi`s February 8 rally here with ones with the party Vice-President Rahul Gandhi in its strongholds in north Bengal.
"We don`t want to compete with Narendra Modi`s rally. If we are given an option then we will hold rallies with Rahulji in those areas of Bengal where we can reap electoral benefits," a senior state Congress leader told on condition of anonymity.
Asked why the Congress did not prefer a rally by Rahul Gandhi at the same spot as Modi, the leader said, "How will it help us electorally?
"Media persons will write about the rallies for a few days then everyone will forget. If we hold a rally in rural Bengal especially in Congress strongholds it would give us more benefit."
According to the party sources, state leaders were already in touch with the Congress high command to bring Rahul Gandhi for a few rallies in Bengal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE