WB: Fake currency seized
Kolkata: The police have seized fake notes with a face value of nearly Rs five lakh from a person who tried to buy computer parts with them in the metropolis.
Acting on a tip off, the police arrested Salil Ansari a resident of Jharkhand for trying to purchase computer parts from Chandni Chowk with Rs 4.98 lakh last evening, Joint Commissioner of Police, STF, Rajeev Mishra said.
The man was arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured