WB: Fake currency seized
Kolkata: The police have seized fake notes with a face value of nearly Rs five lakh from a person who tried to buy computer parts with them in the metropolis.
Acting on a tip off, the police arrested Salil Ansari a resident of Jharkhand for trying to purchase computer parts from Chandni Chowk with Rs 4.98 lakh last evening, Joint Commissioner of Police, STF, Rajeev Mishra said.
The man was arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?