WB: Fake currency seized
Kolkata: The police have seized fake notes with a face value of nearly Rs five lakh from a person who tried to buy computer parts with them in the metropolis.
Acting on a tip off, the police arrested Salil Ansari a resident of Jharkhand for trying to purchase computer parts from Chandni Chowk with Rs 4.98 lakh last evening, Joint Commissioner of Police, STF, Rajeev Mishra said.
The man was arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security