WB: Father dies after being beaten by eve-teasers
Kolkata: Thrashed by some youths for daring
to protest against the teasing of his daughter, a man from
Malda district died at a state-run hospital here on Sunday.
According to police, Gopal Adhikari, who was bashed up
for standing up against the 3-4 eve-teasers who regularly
taunted his daughter on way to school, was referred to the
SSKM Hospital in the city from Malda as his condition turned
serious two days back.
While Adhikary passed away today, his wife, also beaten
up by the goons who barged into their house on Tuesday
afternoon and started beating up the couple, was in stable
condition after treatment at a Malda hospital.
One of the main accused, who had also allegedly tried to
take photo of the girl on his mobile phone, was arrested by
police after the incident, while manhunt was on for his
The arrested accused was produced before the district
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read