WB Feb 28 strike: Showcause notices to absentees
Kolkata: The West Bengal government on Tuesday
issued individual showcause notices to employees absent on
February 28, the day of the general strike, and reiterated
that non-compliance would invite a paycut and further
The showcause notices sought a reply with supporting
documents by March 21 explaining why action should not be
taken against them for unauthorised absence, a state Finance
(Audit) department circular said.
It cited an earlier circular issued on February 21
that no leave would be granted on February 28.
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee had earlier warned of
disciplinary action including break in service, but later it
was decided to withdraw the break in service provision.
Most government employees` bodies reacted sharply to
the showcause notices and threatened to act if the government
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate