WB Feb 28 strike: Showcause notices to absentees
Kolkata: The West Bengal government on Tuesday
issued individual showcause notices to employees absent on
February 28, the day of the general strike, and reiterated
that non-compliance would invite a paycut and further
The showcause notices sought a reply with supporting
documents by March 21 explaining why action should not be
taken against them for unauthorised absence, a state Finance
(Audit) department circular said.
It cited an earlier circular issued on February 21
that no leave would be granted on February 28.
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee had earlier warned of
disciplinary action including break in service, but later it
was decided to withdraw the break in service provision.
Most government employees` bodies reacted sharply to
the showcause notices and threatened to act if the government
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city