WB: Five injured in accidental firing
Burdwan: Five persons, including three women, were injured when the gun of a security guard went off accidentally during the meeting of a private company at Katwa in Burdwan district Wednesday.
The incident took place when the gun fell on the ground from the shoulder of the guard, police said.
The bullet hit a stair case and its splinters injured five persons, they said.
The injured were admitted to a hospital where their condition was stated to be stable.
The guard was taken into custody while his gun and seven rounds of ammunition were seized, sources said adding that the license of the gun is being checked for its authenticity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today