WB: Five injured in accidental firing
Burdwan: Five persons, including three women, were injured when the gun of a security guard went off accidentally during the meeting of a private company at Katwa in Burdwan district Wednesday.
The incident took place when the gun fell on the ground from the shoulder of the guard, police said.
The bullet hit a stair case and its splinters injured five persons, they said.
The injured were admitted to a hospital where their condition was stated to be stable.
The guard was taken into custody while his gun and seven rounds of ammunition were seized, sources said adding that the license of the gun is being checked for its authenticity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?