WB: Five injured in accidental firing
Burdwan: Five persons, including three women, were injured when the gun of a security guard went off accidentally during the meeting of a private company at Katwa in Burdwan district Wednesday.
The incident took place when the gun fell on the ground from the shoulder of the guard, police said.
The bullet hit a stair case and its splinters injured five persons, they said.
The injured were admitted to a hospital where their condition was stated to be stable.
The guard was taken into custody while his gun and seven rounds of ammunition were seized, sources said adding that the license of the gun is being checked for its authenticity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued