WB: Five more babies die in Malda hospital
Malda: With the death of five new borns,
the toll of infant deaths at the Malda Sadar Hospital in the
past five days rose to 16, authorities on Tuesday said.
Most of the five children who died last night and the
other 11 who died since December 23 were under-weight and born
with breathing problems, hospital officials said.
The children could not be saved despite sincere efforts,
they said. The hospital had also reported death of 26 babies
in a period of six days from November 11.
Reports of crib deaths have been coming from various
parts of the state recently.
While 23 babies died in 10 days since December 15 in Suri
Sadar Hospital, 12 children died in a day on October 28 in
Burdwan Hospital and 18 infants died at B C Roy Memorial
Hospital For Children in Kolkata.
- Indian Premier League 9: Gujarat Lions' Ravindra Jadeja reprimanded for showing dissent at umpire's decision
- Holiday video alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput’s oceanic vacation
- NBSE 10th & 12th Results 2016: Nagaland.gov.in Board, NBSE HSLC & HSSLC Results 2016 to be declared on May 3
- MUST WATCH: Kargil martyr's daughter's message to India and Pakistan on Facebook - `Enough is enough`
- Hubble spots galaxy hidding in night sky – See pic!