WB: Five more babies die in Malda hospital
Malda: With the death of five new borns,
the toll of infant deaths at the Malda Sadar Hospital in the
past five days rose to 16, authorities on Tuesday said.
Most of the five children who died last night and the
other 11 who died since December 23 were under-weight and born
with breathing problems, hospital officials said.
The children could not be saved despite sincere efforts,
they said. The hospital had also reported death of 26 babies
in a period of six days from November 11.
Reports of crib deaths have been coming from various
parts of the state recently.
While 23 babies died in 10 days since December 15 in Suri
Sadar Hospital, 12 children died in a day on October 28 in
Burdwan Hospital and 18 infants died at B C Roy Memorial
Hospital For Children in Kolkata.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning