WB: Five more babies die in Malda hospital
Malda: With the death of five new borns,
the toll of infant deaths at the Malda Sadar Hospital in the
past five days rose to 16, authorities on Tuesday said.
Most of the five children who died last night and the
other 11 who died since December 23 were under-weight and born
with breathing problems, hospital officials said.
The children could not be saved despite sincere efforts,
they said. The hospital had also reported death of 26 babies
in a period of six days from November 11.
Reports of crib deaths have been coming from various
parts of the state recently.
While 23 babies died in 10 days since December 15 in Suri
Sadar Hospital, 12 children died in a day on October 28 in
Burdwan Hospital and 18 infants died at B C Roy Memorial
Hospital For Children in Kolkata.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'