WB forces launch operation against Maoists
Jhargram: In a fresh operation to flush
out Maoists from `Junglemahal` area, joint forces today began moving towards the forest belt near Jharkhand border in West Midnapore district.
Combined forces of CRPF, SAP, COBRA jawans began inching
towards Kanaisol Hills, 15-20 km from Belpahari police
station, close to the inter-state boundary, police sources
The operation began a day after the administration put
up posters in several parts of the belt with pictures of seven
`area commanders` of CPI(Maoists), urging them to come forward
and lay down arms.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know