WB: Four killed in train-lorry collision
Malda (WB): Four persons, including the driver of a lorry, were killed on Thursday when Up Kolkata-Haldibari Intercity Express collided with the vehicle at an unmanned railway crossing between Chamagram and Khaltipur stations of
Eastern Railway`s Malda division, ER sources said.
The sources said the accident occurred when the loaded lorry was crossing the unmanned level crossing.
The driver, khalasi and another person on board the lorry died on the spot and another succumbed to his injury in hospital, the sources said in Kolkata.
There was no injury or casualty to any passenger of the train, sources said.
Senior officers of Malda Division have reached the site with Accident Relief Train and Medical Vans.
The normal train service on the New Farakka-Malda Town section which was disrupted after the accident at 2.35 pm, resumed at 15.10 pm on Down Line and at 17.20 pm on Up Line, the sources said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living