WB: Four killed in train-lorry collision
Malda (WB): Four persons, including the driver of a lorry, were killed on Thursday when Up Kolkata-Haldibari Intercity Express collided with the vehicle at an unmanned railway crossing between Chamagram and Khaltipur stations of
Eastern Railway`s Malda division, ER sources said.
The sources said the accident occurred when the loaded lorry was crossing the unmanned level crossing.
The driver, khalasi and another person on board the lorry died on the spot and another succumbed to his injury in hospital, the sources said in Kolkata.
There was no injury or casualty to any passenger of the train, sources said.
Senior officers of Malda Division have reached the site with Accident Relief Train and Medical Vans.
The normal train service on the New Farakka-Malda Town section which was disrupted after the accident at 2.35 pm, resumed at 15.10 pm on Down Line and at 17.20 pm on Up Line, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users