WB: Four killed in train-lorry collision
Malda (WB): Four persons, including the driver of a lorry, were killed on Thursday when Up Kolkata-Haldibari Intercity Express collided with the vehicle at an unmanned railway crossing between Chamagram and Khaltipur stations of
Eastern Railway`s Malda division, ER sources said.
The sources said the accident occurred when the loaded lorry was crossing the unmanned level crossing.
The driver, khalasi and another person on board the lorry died on the spot and another succumbed to his injury in hospital, the sources said in Kolkata.
There was no injury or casualty to any passenger of the train, sources said.
Senior officers of Malda Division have reached the site with Accident Relief Train and Medical Vans.
The normal train service on the New Farakka-Malda Town section which was disrupted after the accident at 2.35 pm, resumed at 15.10 pm on Down Line and at 17.20 pm on Up Line, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price