WB: Goods train catches fire, no casualty
Purulia: A bogey of a goods train caught fire at Purulia railway station which was doused by fire tenders, railway sources said.
No casualty or loss to property was reported in the incident.
The fire was detected in the coal-laden train, on its way from Bilaspur to Durgapur, when it stopped at the Purulia railway station in the early hours this morning.
It took more than an hour to douse the flame.
Five local trains and an express train were delayed for about an hour following the incident.
The affected bogey was detached while the train resumed its journey towards Durgapur, sources said.
With the cause of the fire not known, the authorities have ordered an enquiry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened