WB: Goods train catches fire, no casualty
Purulia: A bogey of a goods train caught fire at Purulia railway station which was doused by fire tenders, railway sources said.
No casualty or loss to property was reported in the incident.
The fire was detected in the coal-laden train, on its way from Bilaspur to Durgapur, when it stopped at the Purulia railway station in the early hours this morning.
It took more than an hour to douse the flame.
Five local trains and an express train were delayed for about an hour following the incident.
The affected bogey was detached while the train resumed its journey towards Durgapur, sources said.
With the cause of the fire not known, the authorities have ordered an enquiry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire