WB: Goods train catches fire, no casualty
Purulia: A bogey of a goods train caught fire at Purulia railway station which was doused by fire tenders, railway sources said.
No casualty or loss to property was reported in the incident.
The fire was detected in the coal-laden train, on its way from Bilaspur to Durgapur, when it stopped at the Purulia railway station in the early hours this morning.
It took more than an hour to douse the flame.
Five local trains and an express train were delayed for about an hour following the incident.
The affected bogey was detached while the train resumed its journey towards Durgapur, sources said.
With the cause of the fire not known, the authorities have ordered an enquiry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Japanese truck driver playing Pokemon Go kills pedestrian
- `No radicalisation` in Australia stabbing death: Police
- How to get MIUI 8 update on Xiaomi smartphone: Check out tutorial
- IT'S DISTURBING: Watch little Syrian girl singing before a bomb explodes
- Planning parenthood through surrogacy? Things you need to know