WB: Goods train catches fire, no casualty
Purulia: A bogey of a goods train caught fire at Purulia railway station which was doused by fire tenders, railway sources said.
No casualty or loss to property was reported in the incident.
The fire was detected in the coal-laden train, on its way from Bilaspur to Durgapur, when it stopped at the Purulia railway station in the early hours this morning.
It took more than an hour to douse the flame.
Five local trains and an express train were delayed for about an hour following the incident.
The affected bogey was detached while the train resumed its journey towards Durgapur, sources said.
With the cause of the fire not known, the authorities have ordered an enquiry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part II
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen