WB Governor condemns killing of police officers
Kolkata: Condemning the killing of two
police officers and the kidnap of another by armed Maoists in
West Midnapore district as despicable, West Bengal Governor
Gopalkrishna Gandhi on Tuesday said that left wing extremists "must
realise that no just cause can be secured by such diabolism".
"Left wing extremists must realise that no just cause
can be secured by such diabolism, retribution will overtake
them," the Governor said in a release.
Gandhi described the killing as despicable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are festivals and other social fete being manipulated for political benefits?
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- More than two-thirds rise in vision loss globally due to diabetes: Study
- Pregnant women consider weight gain as baby weight
- Janmashtami celebrated with traditional fervour across India
- Combination of diet and exercise may help prevent heart problems: Study
- Overuse of antibiotics harming India's fight against TB: The Lancet