WB Governor criticises guardians who ransacked school
Kolkata: Two days after a school at Dum Dum was ransacked by guardians following the death of a girl student, West Bengal Governor MK Narayanan on Saturday questioned their behaviour and said he felt `depressed`.
"I am depressed. If parents don`t have discipline, what can you expect from the children?" Narayanan told reporters here.
Some guardians had ransacked the Christ Church Girls` School on September 12 after the death a day earlier of a class five student, Oindrila Das, who was allegedly locked in a toilet by her seniors.
The principal of the school was arrested on September 12 for the death of the student.
Three others were arrested today for ransacking the school.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31