WB Governor disapproves of Mamata`s `pornography` comment
Kolkata: West Bengal Governor MK Narayanan on Saturday virtually disapproved Chief minister Mamata Banerjee`s comment that a section of panelists on some local TV news channels critical of her, were involved in pornography.
"I have not heard the statement, so how can I comment on it? But I hope not, " Narayanan told reporters in reply to a question.
On June 20 at an election meeting, the chief minister, who is under attack from opposition parties and a section of intellectuals over the brutal rape and murder of a college student at Barasat on June 8 had alleged that panelists of some local tv news channels "were involved in pornography".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video