WB Governor disapproves of Mamata`s `pornography` comment
Kolkata: West Bengal Governor MK Narayanan on Saturday virtually disapproved Chief minister Mamata Banerjee`s comment that a section of panelists on some local TV news channels critical of her, were involved in pornography.
"I have not heard the statement, so how can I comment on it? But I hope not, " Narayanan told reporters in reply to a question.
On June 20 at an election meeting, the chief minister, who is under attack from opposition parties and a section of intellectuals over the brutal rape and murder of a college student at Barasat on June 8 had alleged that panelists of some local tv news channels "were involved in pornography".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!