WB govt announces compensation for Delhi collapse victims
Kolkata: West Bengal government Tuesday announced a compensation of Rs 1 lakh each to the families
of 24 construction workers from the state who were killed in a
building collapse in Delhi last night.
The state`s Labour Minister Anadi Sahu said the injured
from the state would also receive Rs 30,000 each.
These 24 workers -- 19 from Murshidabad and five from
Malda districts -- were among the 66 persons who lost their
lives in the building collapse in East Delhi`s Lakshmi Nagar
The compensation would be provided from the Construction
Workers` Benevolent Fund, Sahu said.
He said the state government would make arrangements
to bring the bodies of the victims if the family members
State Civil Defence Minister Srikumar Mukherjee said the
government would also assist family members of the dead in
their last rites.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman