WB govt announces compensation for Delhi collapse victims
Kolkata: West Bengal government Tuesday announced a compensation of Rs 1 lakh each to the families
of 24 construction workers from the state who were killed in a
building collapse in Delhi last night.
The state`s Labour Minister Anadi Sahu said the injured
from the state would also receive Rs 30,000 each.
These 24 workers -- 19 from Murshidabad and five from
Malda districts -- were among the 66 persons who lost their
lives in the building collapse in East Delhi`s Lakshmi Nagar
The compensation would be provided from the Construction
Workers` Benevolent Fund, Sahu said.
He said the state government would make arrangements
to bring the bodies of the victims if the family members
State Civil Defence Minister Srikumar Mukherjee said the
government would also assist family members of the dead in
their last rites.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth