WB govt announces compensation for Delhi collapse victims
Kolkata: West Bengal government Tuesday announced a compensation of Rs 1 lakh each to the families
of 24 construction workers from the state who were killed in a
building collapse in Delhi last night.
The state`s Labour Minister Anadi Sahu said the injured
from the state would also receive Rs 30,000 each.
These 24 workers -- 19 from Murshidabad and five from
Malda districts -- were among the 66 persons who lost their
lives in the building collapse in East Delhi`s Lakshmi Nagar
The compensation would be provided from the Construction
Workers` Benevolent Fund, Sahu said.
He said the state government would make arrangements
to bring the bodies of the victims if the family members
State Civil Defence Minister Srikumar Mukherjee said the
government would also assist family members of the dead in
their last rites.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Hal Shashti Vrat 2016: What is the significance of Balaram Jayanti!
- Good news for Vaishno Devi pilgrims! Shrine Board to announce new route soon - Know details
- Samsung's 1st Tizen powered 4G smartphone Z2 launched at Rs 4,590; comes with free Jio SIM
- All-new Hyundai Elantra launched in India, price starts at Rs 12.99 lakh
- Pakistan celebrate 'incredible journey' to No.1 in Test Cricket after 7 years