WB govt bans LCLs for night clubs till March 31
Kolkata: After the recent late night
Park Street car-rape incident, the West Bengal government has
decided to stop issuing late closure licences with immediate
effect till March 31.
A senior excise department official said that though
the formal order was issued on March 6, issuing of the late closure licenses (LCL) was effectively stopped from March one.
LCLs are issued by collectors of districts to night clubs
after receiving no-objection certificates from the police.
The order will be effective only till March 31, 2012, the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed