WB govt bans LCLs for night clubs till March 31
Kolkata: After the recent late night
Park Street car-rape incident, the West Bengal government has
decided to stop issuing late closure licences with immediate
effect till March 31.
A senior excise department official said that though
the formal order was issued on March 6, issuing of the late closure licenses (LCL) was effectively stopped from March one.
LCLs are issued by collectors of districts to night clubs
after receiving no-objection certificates from the police.
The order will be effective only till March 31, 2012, the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- EC cancels polls for two remaining Tamil Nadu Assembly seats - Know why
- Cloudbursts, rainfall in Tehri district of Uttarakhand; Gangotri-Kedarnath road closed, pilgrims stranded
- WATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid - UEFA Champions League final
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond
- Narendra Modi government failed to create jobs, aid agriculture: Congress