WB govt concern over Mamata`s security
Kolkata: Concerned over Railway Minister
Mamata Banerjee`s reluctance to follow security procedures
during her public appearances, the West Bengal government
on Thursday said it will ask the Subsidiary Intelligence Bureau to
follow standard operating procedures to ensure her security.
"Director Security of West Bengal IB A K Maliwal has been
asked to talk to SIB," Home Secretary Samar Ghosh told
reporters here after a meeting to review Banerjee`s security.
Talks will also be held with the Railway Protection Force
authorities in this regard, he said.
Banerjee, who has Z-plus security, does not usually
follow the security procedures in her public appearances.
Unlike other VVIPs covered under the category, her car mostly
remains at the head of her convoy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj