WB govt concern over Mamata`s security
Kolkata: Concerned over Railway Minister
Mamata Banerjee`s reluctance to follow security procedures
during her public appearances, the West Bengal government
on Thursday said it will ask the Subsidiary Intelligence Bureau to
follow standard operating procedures to ensure her security.
"Director Security of West Bengal IB A K Maliwal has been
asked to talk to SIB," Home Secretary Samar Ghosh told
reporters here after a meeting to review Banerjee`s security.
Talks will also be held with the Railway Protection Force
authorities in this regard, he said.
Banerjee, who has Z-plus security, does not usually
follow the security procedures in her public appearances.
Unlike other VVIPs covered under the category, her car mostly
remains at the head of her convoy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!