WB govt concern over Mamata`s security
Kolkata: Concerned over Railway Minister
Mamata Banerjee`s reluctance to follow security procedures
during her public appearances, the West Bengal government
on Thursday said it will ask the Subsidiary Intelligence Bureau to
follow standard operating procedures to ensure her security.
"Director Security of West Bengal IB A K Maliwal has been
asked to talk to SIB," Home Secretary Samar Ghosh told
reporters here after a meeting to review Banerjee`s security.
Talks will also be held with the Railway Protection Force
authorities in this regard, he said.
Banerjee, who has Z-plus security, does not usually
follow the security procedures in her public appearances.
Unlike other VVIPs covered under the category, her car mostly
remains at the head of her convoy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital