`WB govt doing best to improve healthcare system`
Kolkata: West Bengal Governor MK Narayanan on Thursday described crib deaths in state-run hospitals as unfortunate but said the state government was doing its best
to improve healthcare.
West Bengal ranked third or fourth in terms of healthcare, he said and reposed full confidence on Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
"I don`t think any other can do better than her. She is the most dynamic chief minister," the Governor told reporters on the sidelines of a programme here.
He said infant deaths in BC Roy Children`s Hospital and Burdwan Medical College and Hospital were unfortunate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video