`WB govt doing best to improve healthcare system`
Kolkata: West Bengal Governor MK Narayanan on Thursday described crib deaths in state-run hospitals as unfortunate but said the state government was doing its best
to improve healthcare.
West Bengal ranked third or fourth in terms of healthcare, he said and reposed full confidence on Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
"I don`t think any other can do better than her. She is the most dynamic chief minister," the Governor told reporters on the sidelines of a programme here.
He said infant deaths in BC Roy Children`s Hospital and Burdwan Medical College and Hospital were unfortunate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Serena Williams battles rivals, self-doubt at Wimbledon
- Top 5 signs that your boyfriend is too controlling!
- Attack on CRPF convoy a desperate attempt to create problems: MoS Kiren Rijiju
- 'Udta Punjab' Box Office collection: Shahid Kapoor-Alia Bhatt starrer crosses Rs 50 crore mark!
- 30 dead, 21 injured after bus catches fire in central China