`WB govt doing best to improve healthcare system`
Kolkata: West Bengal Governor MK Narayanan on Thursday described crib deaths in state-run hospitals as unfortunate but said the state government was doing its best
to improve healthcare.
West Bengal ranked third or fourth in terms of healthcare, he said and reposed full confidence on Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
"I don`t think any other can do better than her. She is the most dynamic chief minister," the Governor told reporters on the sidelines of a programme here.
He said infant deaths in BC Roy Children`s Hospital and Burdwan Medical College and Hospital were unfortunate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says