WB Govt for firm proposal from railways for Singur land
Kolkata: The West Bengal government on Tuesday
said it would work for getting back the land of the Tata`s
abandoned Nano project at Singur if the railways gave a
`concrete` proposal for a coach-building factory there.
"The process of negotiation with railways is on and we
hope in the process a concrete proposal will emerge," Chief
Secretary Ashok Mohan Chakrabarti said here today on the
sidelines of the 23rd BNCCI organised Industrial Trade Fair.
He said that negotiations for getting the land back from
the Tatas prior to a concrete proposal would raise a question
about alternate use of the land.
On the railway rejecting a proposal from the West Bengal
government to inspect the site, Chakrabarti said that the
government would reply to the letter of the railways.
The letter from the Railways reportedly said that the
state government should first secure the release of the land
from the Tatas before asking for an inspection.
Asked about the return of 400 acre to farmers who
unwillingly parted with their land for the Nano project and a
long-standing demand of the Trinamool Congress, he said "We
will abide by the Supreme Court direction."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!