WB govt has created about 5 lakh jobs: Mamata
Howrah: West Bengal Chief Minister
Mamata Banerjee Saturday claimed that her government had created
about five lakh jobs till date in the state.
"We have created about five lakh jobs in the state.
Around 2.75 lakh in the government and the rest (of them) in
the private sector after coming to power," Banerjee said while
laying the foundation stone of the foundry park at Howlibagan,
about 35 km from here in Howrah district.
She said alleged that the Left Front government in its
34-year rule had not generated sufficient jobs for the people
and many youths from West Bengal had to migrate to other
"We are trying to create jobs but the people have to see
that there are no strikes or hartals or bandhs," the Chief
Banerjee asked the Indian Foundry Association, which is
setting up the Rs 800 crore Foundry park at Howlibagan, to
also set up a hospital and a cold storage.
The Chief Minister also inaugurated an Industrial
Training Institute (ITI) in the area.
Banerjee instructed the MLAs, MPs and public
representatives to ensure that all the farmers in their area
get the Kisan Credit Card.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town