WB govt has created about 5 lakh jobs: Mamata
Howrah: West Bengal Chief Minister
Mamata Banerjee Saturday claimed that her government had created
about five lakh jobs till date in the state.
"We have created about five lakh jobs in the state.
Around 2.75 lakh in the government and the rest (of them) in
the private sector after coming to power," Banerjee said while
laying the foundation stone of the foundry park at Howlibagan,
about 35 km from here in Howrah district.
She said alleged that the Left Front government in its
34-year rule had not generated sufficient jobs for the people
and many youths from West Bengal had to migrate to other
"We are trying to create jobs but the people have to see
that there are no strikes or hartals or bandhs," the Chief
Banerjee asked the Indian Foundry Association, which is
setting up the Rs 800 crore Foundry park at Howlibagan, to
also set up a hospital and a cold storage.
The Chief Minister also inaugurated an Industrial
Training Institute (ITI) in the area.
Banerjee instructed the MLAs, MPs and public
representatives to ensure that all the farmers in their area
get the Kisan Credit Card.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!