WB govt has created about 5 lakh jobs: Mamata
Howrah: West Bengal Chief Minister
Mamata Banerjee Saturday claimed that her government had created
about five lakh jobs till date in the state.
"We have created about five lakh jobs in the state.
Around 2.75 lakh in the government and the rest (of them) in
the private sector after coming to power," Banerjee said while
laying the foundation stone of the foundry park at Howlibagan,
about 35 km from here in Howrah district.
She said alleged that the Left Front government in its
34-year rule had not generated sufficient jobs for the people
and many youths from West Bengal had to migrate to other
"We are trying to create jobs but the people have to see
that there are no strikes or hartals or bandhs," the Chief
Banerjee asked the Indian Foundry Association, which is
setting up the Rs 800 crore Foundry park at Howlibagan, to
also set up a hospital and a cold storage.
The Chief Minister also inaugurated an Industrial
Training Institute (ITI) in the area.
Banerjee instructed the MLAs, MPs and public
representatives to ensure that all the farmers in their area
get the Kisan Credit Card.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS