WB Govt issues notification on forming Silda probe committee
Kolkata: The West Bengal government on Wednesday
issued a formal notification announcing a three-member enquiry
committee to probe the February 15 Maoist attack on the EFR
camp at Silda in West Midnapore district.
The government had earlier announced that the committee,
headed by Home Secretary Ardhendu Sen, would include ADG (CID)
Raj Kanojia and IGP (Western Range) Kuldip Singh.
Singh, however, was transferred as IGP (Organisation) and
replaced by Zulfikar Hassan as IGP (West) in a reshuffle
Home department sources said Hassan, as IGP (West) would
now replace Singh in the enquiry committee.
According to the sources, the committee would look into
the security lapses, adequacy of force strength and level of
preparedness during the attack. It would also recommend
measures to prevent such attacks in future.
The committee would submit its report within two months.
Altogether 24 EFR personnel and one civilian were killed
when Maoists sprayed bullets on the camp and set it on fire.
Five Maoists were also killed when the ERF personnel
The initial composition of the committee had invited
criticism from a section of the media which claimed that Sen,
Kanojia and Singh were responsible for setting up the camp at
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers