WB govt not sending crime reports to Centre: Deepa Dasmunshi
Howrah: Congress leader and Union minister Deepa Dasmunshi on Monday alleged that the Trinamool Congress government in West Bengal was not sending crime reports of the state for the past two months to the Centre.
While visiting the central government press at Santragachhi in Howrah district, Dasmunshi, the Union Minister of State for Urban Development alleged that the state government was not sending the state`s crime reports to the Centre for the past two months.
Though law and order is a state subject, state governments are supposed to send crime reports to the Central government routinely for compilation of records by the National Crime Records Bureau.
"There is no law and order in the state," the minister said while talking to reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state