WB govt not sending crime reports to Centre: Deepa Dasmunshi
Howrah: Congress leader and Union minister Deepa Dasmunshi on Monday alleged that the Trinamool Congress government in West Bengal was not sending crime reports of the state for the past two months to the Centre.
While visiting the central government press at Santragachhi in Howrah district, Dasmunshi, the Union Minister of State for Urban Development alleged that the state government was not sending the state`s crime reports to the Centre for the past two months.
Though law and order is a state subject, state governments are supposed to send crime reports to the Central government routinely for compilation of records by the National Crime Records Bureau.
"There is no law and order in the state," the minister said while talking to reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000