WB govt not sending crime reports to Centre: Deepa Dasmunshi
Howrah: Congress leader and Union minister Deepa Dasmunshi on Monday alleged that the Trinamool Congress government in West Bengal was not sending crime reports of the state for the past two months to the Centre.
While visiting the central government press at Santragachhi in Howrah district, Dasmunshi, the Union Minister of State for Urban Development alleged that the state government was not sending the state`s crime reports to the Centre for the past two months.
Though law and order is a state subject, state governments are supposed to send crime reports to the Central government routinely for compilation of records by the National Crime Records Bureau.
"There is no law and order in the state," the minister said while talking to reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation