WB govt not sending crime reports to Centre: Deepa Dasmunshi
Howrah: Congress leader and Union minister Deepa Dasmunshi on Monday alleged that the Trinamool Congress government in West Bengal was not sending crime reports of the state for the past two months to the Centre.
While visiting the central government press at Santragachhi in Howrah district, Dasmunshi, the Union Minister of State for Urban Development alleged that the state government was not sending the state`s crime reports to the Centre for the past two months.
Though law and order is a state subject, state governments are supposed to send crime reports to the Central government routinely for compilation of records by the National Crime Records Bureau.
"There is no law and order in the state," the minister said while talking to reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IPL 2016, KKR vs SRH: Colin Munro's run-out was the turning point of the match, says Gautam Gambhir
- D-St gives thumbs up to 2 years of Modi govt: Sensex tops 26,600-mark; Nifty above 8,100-level
- CBSE 10th Result 2016, Class X Results 2016 (cbse.nic.in) to be declared on May 30 not today on May 27 or May 28
- Whoa! Kareena Kapoor Khan gets bigger role in Sonam Kapoor's 'Veera Di Shaadi'?
- Faux pas: Ghaziabad cops verify Rahul Gandhi as a driver residing in Indirapuram