WB govt orders CBI probe into Wakf properties
Kolkata: The West Bengal government Thursday
ordered a CBI inquiry into the irregularities in Wakf properties in the state.
The decision to order a CBI inquiry was taken by the
Cabinet, Commerce and Industries minister Partha Chatterjee
told reporters after the meeting.
Earlier, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee alleged in the
Assembly that funds belonging to the Minorities Finance and
Development Corporation were invested in the stock market and
parked in private banks.
Some years ago, she had filed a PIL in the Supreme Court seeking an inquiry into the alleged Wakf scam in the state.
The then Left Front government in the state had set up a
Judicial Commission which has still not been wound up, she
said replying to the debate over the grant in aid for the
Minorities Affairs and Madrasa Education Department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her