WB Govt renew appeal to Moaists to lay down arms
Kolkata: The West Bengal government
on Wednesday made another appeal to Maoists to lay down arms and
return to the mainstream.
"Those who are taking up guns and killing people
should return to the mainstream and keep faith in democracy,
which is the only alternative," Commerce and Industry minister
Partha Chatterjee said at a party rally here to condemn Maoist
Stating that Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has
already given a call to them to lay down arms so that the
peace process could continue in junglemahal, Chatterjee said
"those willing to surrender will be offered rehabilitation and
a special package."
Stressing that development in junglemahal, comprising
forested areas of West Midnapore, Bankura and Purulia would
continue, he said there were places there where people
survived on ant-eggs during the previous Left Front regime.
He also said that the media need to condemn the Maoist
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore