WB Govt renew appeal to Moaists to lay down arms
Kolkata: The West Bengal government
on Wednesday made another appeal to Maoists to lay down arms and
return to the mainstream.
"Those who are taking up guns and killing people
should return to the mainstream and keep faith in democracy,
which is the only alternative," Commerce and Industry minister
Partha Chatterjee said at a party rally here to condemn Maoist
Stating that Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has
already given a call to them to lay down arms so that the
peace process could continue in junglemahal, Chatterjee said
"those willing to surrender will be offered rehabilitation and
a special package."
Stressing that development in junglemahal, comprising
forested areas of West Midnapore, Bankura and Purulia would
continue, he said there were places there where people
survived on ant-eggs during the previous Left Front regime.
He also said that the media need to condemn the Maoist
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan