WB Govt sanctions Rs 500 cr for houses for urban poor
Kolkata: The West Bengal government has
sanctioned Rs 500 crore during current the financial year to
construct shelters for the urban poor.
"The Municipal Affairs Department has been
sanctioned a budgetary alloacation of Rs 500 crore by the
government for construction of new houses and repair of
existing shelters for urban poor, Urban Development and
Municipal Affairs minister Asok Bhattacharya said here today.
The families headed by by women and handicapped
would get priority while there would be reservations for SC,
ST and minorities.
Stating that units would not be more than 272 sq ft
he said, if required multi-storeyed cooperative buildings
could be constructed.
The government would give a maximum grant of Rs
one lakh for new houses or flats and Rs 60,000 for repair or
restoration of existing ones, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'