WB Govt sanctions Rs 500 cr for houses for urban poor
Kolkata: The West Bengal government has
sanctioned Rs 500 crore during current the financial year to
construct shelters for the urban poor.
"The Municipal Affairs Department has been
sanctioned a budgetary alloacation of Rs 500 crore by the
government for construction of new houses and repair of
existing shelters for urban poor, Urban Development and
Municipal Affairs minister Asok Bhattacharya said here today.
The families headed by by women and handicapped
would get priority while there would be reservations for SC,
ST and minorities.
Stating that units would not be more than 272 sq ft
he said, if required multi-storeyed cooperative buildings
could be constructed.
The government would give a maximum grant of Rs
one lakh for new houses or flats and Rs 60,000 for repair or
restoration of existing ones, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail