WB govt sends SSC Assistant Secretary on compulsory waiting
Kolkata: Assistant Secretary of the School Service Commission in West Bengal Amitesh Biswas, who was removed from his post yesterday for alleged breach of official discipline, was today sent on compulsory waiting by the state government.
Biswas, a WBCS (Executive) officer, was today summoned to the new state secretariat and was questioned by a senior official of the Home (Personnel) department about what had happened in the last few days.
Later, Biswas was sent on compulsory waiting, but asked to give attendance at Home (Personnel) department from time to time till he gets a new posting, state secretariat sources said here today.
Biswas was removed from his post and served a `release order` for making allegations against SSC chairman Subiresh Bhattacharya and bringing charges of corruption against the him regarding appointment of school teachers.
Biswas even raised the issue before the media in gross violation to the official discipline, sources said.
Despite his removal, Biswas today came to his office, broke open the door and worked for some time and even got himself involved in arguments with the chairman and other officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva
- 1st Test, Day 1: Virat Kohli's brilliant ton puts India on top against West Indies
- Donald Trump accepts Republican nomination, accuses Hillary Clinton of legacy of "death, destruction, terrorism”
- Former Portugal prime minister Guterres front runner to be next UN chief
- Asian markets sink as stimulus hopes rolled back