WB: Govt steps to counter Thursday`s shutdown
Kolkata: West Bengal government on Wednesday issued a circular to its employees asking them to report for work and refused to grant any leave on Thursday during the NDA-sponsored Bharat bandh and CPI(M)-led Left Front sponsored 12-hour shutdown against fuel price hike and other issues.
"All state government offices will remain open and all the employees should report for duty tomorrow when no leave will be granted to them," a state home department circular said.
Detailing steps to ensure normal life tomorrow in the state, it said measures had been taken to see that there was no disruption to movement of trains as also any interruption to normal traffic flow.
Vital installations would be guarded against any attempt to cause any damage.
"Normal vocations of people should not be allowed to be disturbed", the circular added.
It said advance actions should be taken to avert any disturbance and extensive road patrolling should be introduced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy