WB govt to set up English medium High Madrasah
Kolkata: The West Bengal government will set
up 12 English medium high Madrasahs with hostel facilities to
provide quality education to Muslim students.
A total 10 such madrasahs with hostels will be set up by
2011-2012 academic session by the department of minority
affairs in districts where there is concentration of Muslims,
state minority affiars minister Abdus Sattar said.
"These English medium high madrasahs will be on the
pattern of existing zilla schools and will have calsses five
to ten. Subsequently they will have upto class 12," he said.
"The government has decided to set up one madrasah
each in North 24 Parganas, South 24 Parganas, Howrah, Birbhum,
Nadia, Cooch Behar and Dakhin Dinajpur and three in
Murshidabad," Sattar said adding decison on the rest two would
be taken later.
District magistrates of the eight districts have been
requested to send site plan of the proposed sites to the
department of minority affairs, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31