WB govt to set up English medium High Madrasah
Kolkata: The West Bengal government will set
up 12 English medium high Madrasahs with hostel facilities to
provide quality education to Muslim students.
A total 10 such madrasahs with hostels will be set up by
2011-2012 academic session by the department of minority
affairs in districts where there is concentration of Muslims,
state minority affiars minister Abdus Sattar said.
"These English medium high madrasahs will be on the
pattern of existing zilla schools and will have calsses five
to ten. Subsequently they will have upto class 12," he said.
"The government has decided to set up one madrasah
each in North 24 Parganas, South 24 Parganas, Howrah, Birbhum,
Nadia, Cooch Behar and Dakhin Dinajpur and three in
Murshidabad," Sattar said adding decison on the rest two would
be taken later.
District magistrates of the eight districts have been
requested to send site plan of the proposed sites to the
department of minority affairs, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what