WB govt will be responsible for any untoward incident: GJM
Darjeeling: As the party-sponsored bandh entered the third day on Monday, Gorkha Janmukti Morcha (GJM), which is spearheading the movement for a separate Gorkhaland state, warned the West Bengal government that it would be responsible for any incident in the hills.
"Any incident can happen. The state government will be responsible for it," GJM president Bimal Gurung said in Kalimpong.
Ruling out talks with the Mamata Banerjee government, Gurung reiterated that the Morcha would only talk to the Centre.
"There will be no negotiation. We want Gorkhaland," he said.
GJM has called an indefinite bandh in Darjeeling hills from August 3 to demand a separate state of Gorkhaland on the lines of Telangana.
A Morcha delegation was currently in Delhi to talk to leaders of various political parties on their demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Xiaomi likely to unveil Redmi Note 4 on August 25
- Natural to express grief over mistreatment of Dalits: LK Advani
- Hundreds of NASA's studies now available online for free!
- Status of political parties to be reviewed every 10 years
- WOAH! BJP MP Paresh Rawal launches fierce attack on India's Rio Olympics officials