WB govt will be responsible for any untoward incident: GJM
Darjeeling: As the party-sponsored bandh entered the third day on Monday, Gorkha Janmukti Morcha (GJM), which is spearheading the movement for a separate Gorkhaland state, warned the West Bengal government that it would be responsible for any incident in the hills.
"Any incident can happen. The state government will be responsible for it," GJM president Bimal Gurung said in Kalimpong.
Ruling out talks with the Mamata Banerjee government, Gurung reiterated that the Morcha would only talk to the Centre.
"There will be no negotiation. We want Gorkhaland," he said.
GJM has called an indefinite bandh in Darjeeling hills from August 3 to demand a separate state of Gorkhaland on the lines of Telangana.
A Morcha delegation was currently in Delhi to talk to leaders of various political parties on their demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- 21 patients die on single day in Hyderabad govt hospital, staff blame power outage
- New Zealand's Queenstown Airport evacuated after 'bomb message' found on plane
- SHOCKING! Star wrestler Narsingh Yadav fails dope test, Rio participation doubtful
- What Diljit Dosanjh said about 'Phillauri' co-star Anushka Sharma will melt your heart! - Read here
- DDA's next housing scheme could be completely online