WB Govt will train people to fight cyber crime: Minister
Kolkata: The West Bengal government plans
to co-ordinate with universities to impart training to people
in tackling cyber crime.
"White collar cyber crime has to be dealt with
technically and legally. We are thinking of working with
universities so that we can provide the technical and legal
expertise to handle it," state Information Technology Minister
Debesh Das told a conference on eSecurity and Prevention of
Cyber Crime on Wednesday.
Principal Secretary (IT) said, "companies will have to
change their ideas about tackling cyber crime. Companies seek
the help of the police, but hardly come to us.
"We are trying to start a cyber education cell so that
people understand their primary responsibilities if they fall
prey to cyber crime."
The government was trying to tie with some major IT
players for providing security coverage to companies,
- Prisoners revolt in Syria's Hama jail, seize guards - Syrian Observatory
- Spain misses deadline for new government, June election set
- Hot alert! Shruti Hassan looks incredibly sexy on the cover of GQ magazine – See pic
- Awwdorable! Salman Khan shares picture of mother Salma and baby Ahil
- Look what Ranveer Singh is doing for ‘Befikre’