WB Guv Trinamool Congress protagonist: Left Front
Kolkata: Taking umbrage at West Bengal
Governor MK Narayanan for suggesting that Chief Minister
Mamata Banerjee intervened to stop Sunday`s clash at
Bhowpanipore here to prevent violence, the Left Front today
alleged he had become a "Trinamool Congress protagonist".
"The Governor is a custodian of the central
government but gradually he is becoming a protagonist of
Trinamool Congress and their politics," LF chairman Biman Bose
told newspersons here.
"I find the Governor has also become part of their
wrongdoing," he said about the incident in which
processionists attacked the police and Bhowanipore police
station when asked not to burst high-decibel crackers and play
music before a hospital.
"The chief minister goes to secure the release of her
party workers and the Governor, who is the custodian of the
central government, supporting this shows that gradually he is
becoming a protagonist of Trinamool Congress and their
politics. This is unfortunate," the Left Front chairman said.
"It is unthinkable. This is unwanted and obnoxious to
us. It has never happened in the case of any governor of West
Bengal," Bose said while leaving for Delhi to attend the
CPI(M)`s central committe meeting.
Dowplaying the incident, the Governor had said in
Chennai yesterday that "it was one of these puja clashes that
sometimes take place. If the violence went on, police would
have had to take stronger action. She was afraid that violence
may go on. So, she went there."
The Left Front chairman had yesterday at a press
conference alleged that Banerjee had gone to the Bhowanipore
police station to secure the release of two of her party
Bose had also kicked up a controversy when he used
derogatory language to put his point across on Congress`s ties
with its key coalition partner Trinamool Congress.
He had later expressed regret, saying the words he had
uttered to suggest how Congress was taking `shelter` under
the chief minister`s party should not have been used and that
they were inappropriate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?