‘WB has honestly embarked on industrialisation’
Haldia: Noting that that it was important to create confidence among industrialists, Governor M K Narayanan on Thursday said that West Bengal has honestly embarked on the path of industrialisation and hiccups should not come in its way.
"You would recognise that it is not an easy task for a state which is just emerging out of long dark winter in which industrialisation has taken a back seat," Narayanan said.
"Therefore without doubt these are hiccups, but let not these hiccups come in the way," Narayanan said at the valedictory session of industrial summit, `Bengal Leads`, here.
The Governor said, "It is important to create a sense of confidence among industrialists and this is a major responsibility of the government."
He said that investment in Bengal would not only secure the future of the state, but also of India.
Batting for industrialisation of the state, Narayanan told industrialists, "invest now in Bengal as the state wakes up from deep slumber."
The Governor who touched upon the vexed issue of land for industry said, "The state government has acknowledged that there is a problem regarding land and land acquisition and steps have been taken to resolve it."
He said that since it was often difficult to acquire agricultural land, joint effort by the state government and industry was necessary. "Both the state government and industry has to be judicious for quest of suitable land."
He said he was told that 60,000 acre have been identified which would shortly be made available to industry while a land bank is being formalised.
He said that a transparent land allotment policy has been put in place as also `Shilpasathi`, a single-window clearance mechanism.
The Governor hoped that `Bengal Leads` which has taken place in Haldia would help allay some of the apprehensions among entrepreneurs and industry.
Industry minister Partha Chatterjee who spoke before the governor reiterated that land was not an issue. "I don`t understand why people talk about land."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31