‘WB has honestly embarked on industrialisation’
Haldia: Noting that that it was important to create confidence among industrialists, Governor M K Narayanan on Thursday said that West Bengal has honestly embarked on the path of industrialisation and hiccups should not come in its way.
"You would recognise that it is not an easy task for a state which is just emerging out of long dark winter in which industrialisation has taken a back seat," Narayanan said.
"Therefore without doubt these are hiccups, but let not these hiccups come in the way," Narayanan said at the valedictory session of industrial summit, `Bengal Leads`, here.
The Governor said, "It is important to create a sense of confidence among industrialists and this is a major responsibility of the government."
He said that investment in Bengal would not only secure the future of the state, but also of India.
Batting for industrialisation of the state, Narayanan told industrialists, "invest now in Bengal as the state wakes up from deep slumber."
The Governor who touched upon the vexed issue of land for industry said, "The state government has acknowledged that there is a problem regarding land and land acquisition and steps have been taken to resolve it."
He said that since it was often difficult to acquire agricultural land, joint effort by the state government and industry was necessary. "Both the state government and industry has to be judicious for quest of suitable land."
He said he was told that 60,000 acre have been identified which would shortly be made available to industry while a land bank is being formalised.
He said that a transparent land allotment policy has been put in place as also `Shilpasathi`, a single-window clearance mechanism.
The Governor hoped that `Bengal Leads` which has taken place in Haldia would help allay some of the apprehensions among entrepreneurs and industry.
Industry minister Partha Chatterjee who spoke before the governor reiterated that land was not an issue. "I don`t understand why people talk about land."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India