‘WB has honestly embarked on industrialisation’
Haldia: Noting that that it was important to create confidence among industrialists, Governor M K Narayanan on Thursday said that West Bengal has honestly embarked on the path of industrialisation and hiccups should not come in its way.
"You would recognise that it is not an easy task for a state which is just emerging out of long dark winter in which industrialisation has taken a back seat," Narayanan said.
"Therefore without doubt these are hiccups, but let not these hiccups come in the way," Narayanan said at the valedictory session of industrial summit, `Bengal Leads`, here.
The Governor said, "It is important to create a sense of confidence among industrialists and this is a major responsibility of the government."
He said that investment in Bengal would not only secure the future of the state, but also of India.
Batting for industrialisation of the state, Narayanan told industrialists, "invest now in Bengal as the state wakes up from deep slumber."
The Governor who touched upon the vexed issue of land for industry said, "The state government has acknowledged that there is a problem regarding land and land acquisition and steps have been taken to resolve it."
He said that since it was often difficult to acquire agricultural land, joint effort by the state government and industry was necessary. "Both the state government and industry has to be judicious for quest of suitable land."
He said he was told that 60,000 acre have been identified which would shortly be made available to industry while a land bank is being formalised.
He said that a transparent land allotment policy has been put in place as also `Shilpasathi`, a single-window clearance mechanism.
The Governor hoped that `Bengal Leads` which has taken place in Haldia would help allay some of the apprehensions among entrepreneurs and industry.
Industry minister Partha Chatterjee who spoke before the governor reiterated that land was not an issue. "I don`t understand why people talk about land."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!