WB: Houseowner arrested for assaulting retd scient
Baruipur: Police on Thursday arrested the houseowner of a retired scientist of Jadavpur University and his lawyer daughter for allegedly assaulting them.
The arrest followed filing of an FIR by Aditi Bhattacharya, the lawyer and her father Aparesh, alleging that the houseowner Goutam Pal had also attempted to molest her during a confrontation on Sunday over alleged non-payment of money as part of a written agreement to purchase the house.
The lawyer had also filed complaints with the police on Tuesday against Pal`s wife Moushumi Ghosh Pal and members of a local club Bhai Bhai Sangha.
Pal and his wife had lodged a complaint with the police on the day itself alleging that the Bhattacharyas had taken possession of the house illegally without paying Rs two lakh per week as per their agreement, except once.
The price of the house was fixed at Rs 40 lakh.
They said in their complaint that when they approached the scientist and his family to request them to meet the contractual obligations or else register the house, they were assaulted, preceded by a quarrel, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’