WB: Houseowner arrested for assaulting retd scient
Baruipur: Police on Thursday arrested the houseowner of a retired scientist of Jadavpur University and his lawyer daughter for allegedly assaulting them.
The arrest followed filing of an FIR by Aditi Bhattacharya, the lawyer and her father Aparesh, alleging that the houseowner Goutam Pal had also attempted to molest her during a confrontation on Sunday over alleged non-payment of money as part of a written agreement to purchase the house.
The lawyer had also filed complaints with the police on Tuesday against Pal`s wife Moushumi Ghosh Pal and members of a local club Bhai Bhai Sangha.
Pal and his wife had lodged a complaint with the police on the day itself alleging that the Bhattacharyas had taken possession of the house illegally without paying Rs two lakh per week as per their agreement, except once.
The price of the house was fixed at Rs 40 lakh.
They said in their complaint that when they approached the scientist and his family to request them to meet the contractual obligations or else register the house, they were assaulted, preceded by a quarrel, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda