WB: Houseowner arrested for assaulting retd scient
Baruipur: Police on Thursday arrested the houseowner of a retired scientist of Jadavpur University and his lawyer daughter for allegedly assaulting them.
The arrest followed filing of an FIR by Aditi Bhattacharya, the lawyer and her father Aparesh, alleging that the houseowner Goutam Pal had also attempted to molest her during a confrontation on Sunday over alleged non-payment of money as part of a written agreement to purchase the house.
The lawyer had also filed complaints with the police on Tuesday against Pal`s wife Moushumi Ghosh Pal and members of a local club Bhai Bhai Sangha.
Pal and his wife had lodged a complaint with the police on the day itself alleging that the Bhattacharyas had taken possession of the house illegally without paying Rs two lakh per week as per their agreement, except once.
The price of the house was fixed at Rs 40 lakh.
They said in their complaint that when they approached the scientist and his family to request them to meet the contractual obligations or else register the house, they were assaulted, preceded by a quarrel, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16