WB: Houseowner arrested for assaulting retd scient
Baruipur: Police on Thursday arrested the houseowner of a retired scientist of Jadavpur University and his lawyer daughter for allegedly assaulting them.
The arrest followed filing of an FIR by Aditi Bhattacharya, the lawyer and her father Aparesh, alleging that the houseowner Goutam Pal had also attempted to molest her during a confrontation on Sunday over alleged non-payment of money as part of a written agreement to purchase the house.
The lawyer had also filed complaints with the police on Tuesday against Pal`s wife Moushumi Ghosh Pal and members of a local club Bhai Bhai Sangha.
Pal and his wife had lodged a complaint with the police on the day itself alleging that the Bhattacharyas had taken possession of the house illegally without paying Rs two lakh per week as per their agreement, except once.
The price of the house was fixed at Rs 40 lakh.
They said in their complaint that when they approached the scientist and his family to request them to meet the contractual obligations or else register the house, they were assaulted, preceded by a quarrel, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves