WB: Husband facilitates wife`s rape, flees
Howrah: Two men have been sent to police custody by a local court in West Bengal`s Howrah for allegedly raping a newly-married woman in connivance with her own husband who is absconding.
"Kartik Das and Raju Prasad were sent to custody by the court for their involvement in gang-raping a 19-year-old married woman. Her husband, who is suspected to have facilitated the crime, is absconding," Howrah Deputy Commissioner of Police Sukesh Jain said.
The woman had married Bappa Ruidas a week before the incident. Das and Prasad, both friends of the husband, came to meet the couple on Wednesday night. After a few minutes, Bappa left the house while the duo forced themselves on the victim, said an officer of Bally police station in the district.
The woman was raped by two friends of the husband, who has been named as an accused in the FIR.
The woman was initially reluctant to report the matter to the police, but finally lodged a complaint on Thursday afternoon following which the two were arrested from the area late at night.
Bappa has been named as an accused in the FIR and the police are looking for him, added the officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test