WB: Illegal arms trader held; rifles, bombs seized
Canning (WB): An illegal arms trader and an woman accomplice of his were arrested and rifles and bombs were seized from a house in Basanti area of South 24 Parganas district, the police said.
Acting on a tip off, the police raided the house of Wahid Ali Purkait at Khiriskhali village and seized three rifles -- two local made and one branded -- and 12 rounds of cartridge.
Altogether 30 crude bombs were also recovered from the house.
Following Purkait`s arrest and interrogation, a woman identified as Momena Bibi was taken into custody from the neighbouring village of Nebukhali.
Bibi was allegedly an accomplice of Purkait.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame?
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame? - Part II
- NADA likely to declare verdict on wrestler Narsingh Yadav's doping case on Thursday
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK - Part II
- Chinese soldiers spotted in Uttarakhand's Chamoli; defence ministry says 'no incursion'
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump could win, warns Barack Obama
- Delhi Transport Minister says 17 auto unions end strike; union leader denies
- World at war over money, not religious faith, says Pope
- World Hepatitis Day, 2016: Ten facts you should know!