WB: Illegal arms trader held; rifles, bombs seized
Canning (WB): An illegal arms trader and an woman accomplice of his were arrested and rifles and bombs were seized from a house in Basanti area of South 24 Parganas district, the police said.
Acting on a tip off, the police raided the house of Wahid Ali Purkait at Khiriskhali village and seized three rifles -- two local made and one branded -- and 12 rounds of cartridge.
Altogether 30 crude bombs were also recovered from the house.
Following Purkait`s arrest and interrogation, a woman identified as Momena Bibi was taken into custody from the neighbouring village of Nebukhali.
Bibi was allegedly an accomplice of Purkait.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire