WB: Illegal arms trader held; rifles, bombs seized
Canning (WB): An illegal arms trader and an woman accomplice of his were arrested and rifles and bombs were seized from a house in Basanti area of South 24 Parganas district, the police said.
Acting on a tip off, the police raided the house of Wahid Ali Purkait at Khiriskhali village and seized three rifles -- two local made and one branded -- and 12 rounds of cartridge.
Altogether 30 crude bombs were also recovered from the house.
Following Purkait`s arrest and interrogation, a woman identified as Momena Bibi was taken into custody from the neighbouring village of Nebukhali.
Bibi was allegedly an accomplice of Purkait.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan