WB: Illegal arms trader held; rifles, bombs seized
Canning (WB): An illegal arms trader and an woman accomplice of his were arrested and rifles and bombs were seized from a house in Basanti area of South 24 Parganas district, the police said.
Acting on a tip off, the police raided the house of Wahid Ali Purkait at Khiriskhali village and seized three rifles -- two local made and one branded -- and 12 rounds of cartridge.
Altogether 30 crude bombs were also recovered from the house.
Following Purkait`s arrest and interrogation, a woman identified as Momena Bibi was taken into custody from the neighbouring village of Nebukhali.
Bibi was allegedly an accomplice of Purkait.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference