WB: Indefinite strike by junior doctors enter third day
Kolkata: With the indefinite ceasework by junior doctors at the state-run premier SSKM hospital entering the third day and spreading to other hospitals, Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee Monday warned of action.
"If this continues then the government will have to take action," Bhattacharjee told doctors on indefinite ceasework demanding security after the assault on a colleague following the death of a patient in the emergency ward of the SSKM
The ceasework has spread to the National Medical College and Hospital, another state-run hospital.
"The question of safety and security is definitely
important and everybody has the right of safety and security,
but that what is going on in the name of this is not correct,"
"Just as doctors have a right to safety and security so
do the patients," he said.
Last night five junior doctors were arrested for
allegedly assaulting relatives of patients who were denied
admission in the emergency and casualty blocks at the SSKM Hospital, police said.
Cases have been registered under two non-bailable
sections of the IPC against the junior doctors, they said.
SSKM authorities have convened an emergency meeting to
review the situation which has inconvenienced hundreds of
The health secretary has also called an emergency meeting
of heads of medical colleges in the metropolis to discuss
measures on security of junior doctors and other staff.
Lahore: Pakistani security agencies have revealed that over the past few months they have seized over 67,000 kilogrammes of explosives in Karachi and Lahore.
The agencies said that they had also found smart third generation bombs, anti-aircraft guns, grenades, suicide vests and lethal chemicals, which could have been used to kill thousands of people.
Talking about the major crackdowns, a top Pakistani intelligence official said that it prevented al Qaeda and its affiliated groups from carrying out “mass genocide and slaughter” of civilians.
However, the official warned that al Qaeda-linked terrorist attacks were still expected “from Karachi to the Tribal Areas”.
Meanwhile, it has been reported that al Qaeda has now gradually shifted its base from North Waziristan to urban areas of Pakistan.
The group has also cemented alliances with the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), and is even funding various sectarian groups in Punjab and Sindh, the Daily Times reports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'