WB liquor deaths: CID submits chargesheet
Canning: The CID Saturday submitted the
chargesheet in court against 21 accused in the hooch tragedy which left 173 people dead in South 24 Parganas in December last year.
A CID team submitted the charge sheet in the court of
Acting Chief Judicial Magistrate at Diamond Harbour against
key accused Nur Islam Fakir alias `Khora Badshah`, his wife
Shakila Bibi alias Sandhya Halder and a close lieutenant,
Bakkar Modak alias Bakkar Illias and others.
Charges were framed sections 304 (culpable homicide),
120B (criminal conspiracy), 326 (voluntarily causing hurt by
dangerous weapons), 328 (causing hurt by means of poison), 272
(adulteration of food or drink) and 273 (sale of noxious food
Khora Badshah had surrendered on January 17 at the court
in Diamond Harbour, while his wife and lieutenant were
arrested. Seven of the accused were absconding.
The West Bengal government had announced Rs two lakh for
the next of kin of the dead.
Following the liquor deaths which took place from the
night of December 13 in Usthi police station area, officer-in-
charge Debabrata Sen, an ASI and three constables of
Sangrampur police outpost were removed from their posts and
sent to the police headquarters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi reacts to NSG setback: 'How to lose a negotiation by PM Narendra Modi'
- Pope denounces Armenian `genocide` in Yerevan visit
- University of Mumbai T.Y.B.Com Semester Six (75:25) Result 2016 declared on mu.ac.in
- Poland National Championships 2016: Quarter-miler Mohd. Anas sets new national record
- NHRC notice to Karnataka over ragging of Dalit student