WB: Man jumps from 30th floor to death
Kolkata: A 55-year-old man jumped to death from a posh high-rise building in the southern fringes of the city tonight, police said.
Dhananjay Pathak, a resident of South City, allegedly committed suicide by jumping from the 30th floor of the apartment block.
A suicide note written by Pathak has been found, they said.
This is the third incident of suicide by jumping from high-rise buildings in the city recently.
An elderly woman and her two daughters jumped to their death from the same 36-storey building in a suspected suicide pact on August 31. They had been suffering from depression after the recent death of the woman`s husband.
However, unlike Pathak, the three were not residents of South City.
On September 11, two teenaged school girls allegedly killed themselves by taking a plunge from the roof of an 18-storey apartment block after purportedly being scolded by the father of one of them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read