WB: Miners stuck in ECL mine rescued
Burdwan: A total of 21 miners of ECL`s South Shyamala Colliery at Pandaveshwar in Burdwan district were briefly stuck underground after a lift stopped working, but all of them were rescued on Thursday.
The miners had gone into the mine at midnight last night and were scheduled to come overground at 8:00 am this morning when it was discovered that the lift was not working, Area General Manager Manoj Kumar said.
Inspite of best efforts the lift could not be restarted, he said.
Thereafter the miners were evacuated via the pit-head of an abandoned mine, 100 metre away, Kumar said.
He said it would be investigated why the lift did not work.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself