WB Minister criticises TC-run Zilla Parishad
Kolkata: Panchayat and Rural Development
minister Anisur Rahman on Tuesday accused the Trinamool Congress-
run zilla parishad in South 24 Parganas district of failing to
carry out development work.
On the other hand, Left controlled zilla parishads in
Maoist hit districts, West Midnapore, Bankura and Purulia
performed better despite various difficulties including Maoist
violence, Rahman told reporters here.
He said that 1.26 crore mandays were created in West
Midnapore district this year compared to only 33 lakh mandays
in South 24 Pargana in the current fiscal upto February.
The minister said that under NREGA programme a family
in West Midnapore received 46 days work compared to 24 days
work in a year in South 24 Parganas.
In two other Left-controlled zilla parishads in
Purulia and Bankura, a family received 48 and 38 days work in
a year under the NREGA programme.
Trinamool Congress Secretary General Partha
Chatterjee, on the other hand, alleged that the district
administration was not allowing the zilla parishad in South 24
Pargana to work.
"It is their attempt to undermine TC`s performance,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket