WB minister Kabir fears threat to life
Kolkata: Humayun Kabir, who quit Congress and joined Trinamool Congress and was rewarded with a ministerial berth, on Monday said he feared for his life and urged Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee to step up his security.
"My life is under threat after joining Trinamool. I am getting threat calls and I have filed a complaint at Beldanga police station," Kabir told reporters here.
"I have urged the chief minister to increase my security," he said.
He alleged Minister of State for Railways Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury of Congress used to harass him frequently for which he had to leave and join Trinamool Congress.
Kabir said Chowdhury had started `misbehaving` with him for some time and was trying to finish him politically.
He said Chowdhury, an MP from Berhampore in Murshidabad district, was saying that he had "betrayed" Congress by joining Trinamool.
"Now, I want to ask him to narrate about how and when he joined Congress party. He was with RSP before joining Congress," Kabir claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh