WB minister Kabir fears threat to life
Kolkata: Humayun Kabir, who quit Congress and joined Trinamool Congress and was rewarded with a ministerial berth, on Monday said he feared for his life and urged Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee to step up his security.
"My life is under threat after joining Trinamool. I am getting threat calls and I have filed a complaint at Beldanga police station," Kabir told reporters here.
"I have urged the chief minister to increase my security," he said.
He alleged Minister of State for Railways Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury of Congress used to harass him frequently for which he had to leave and join Trinamool Congress.
Kabir said Chowdhury had started `misbehaving` with him for some time and was trying to finish him politically.
He said Chowdhury, an MP from Berhampore in Murshidabad district, was saying that he had "betrayed" Congress by joining Trinamool.
"Now, I want to ask him to narrate about how and when he joined Congress party. He was with RSP before joining Congress," Kabir claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog