WB minister Kabir fears threat to life
Kolkata: Humayun Kabir, who quit Congress and joined Trinamool Congress and was rewarded with a ministerial berth, on Monday said he feared for his life and urged Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee to step up his security.
"My life is under threat after joining Trinamool. I am getting threat calls and I have filed a complaint at Beldanga police station," Kabir told reporters here.
"I have urged the chief minister to increase my security," he said.
He alleged Minister of State for Railways Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury of Congress used to harass him frequently for which he had to leave and join Trinamool Congress.
Kabir said Chowdhury had started `misbehaving` with him for some time and was trying to finish him politically.
He said Chowdhury, an MP from Berhampore in Murshidabad district, was saying that he had "betrayed" Congress by joining Trinamool.
"Now, I want to ask him to narrate about how and when he joined Congress party. He was with RSP before joining Congress," Kabir claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand