WB minister Kabir fears threat to life
Kolkata: Humayun Kabir, who quit Congress and joined Trinamool Congress and was rewarded with a ministerial berth, on Monday said he feared for his life and urged Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee to step up his security.
"My life is under threat after joining Trinamool. I am getting threat calls and I have filed a complaint at Beldanga police station," Kabir told reporters here.
"I have urged the chief minister to increase my security," he said.
He alleged Minister of State for Railways Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury of Congress used to harass him frequently for which he had to leave and join Trinamool Congress.
Kabir said Chowdhury had started `misbehaving` with him for some time and was trying to finish him politically.
He said Chowdhury, an MP from Berhampore in Murshidabad district, was saying that he had "betrayed" Congress by joining Trinamool.
"Now, I want to ask him to narrate about how and when he joined Congress party. He was with RSP before joining Congress," Kabir claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: All seats declared - BJP emerges as biggest gainer, bags 81 seats; Shiv Sena gets 84
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Big setback for Shiv Sena as BJP bags 81 seats in BMC
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway