WB minister Kabir fears threat to life
Kolkata: Humayun Kabir, who quit Congress and joined Trinamool Congress and was rewarded with a ministerial berth, on Monday said he feared for his life and urged Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee to step up his security.
"My life is under threat after joining Trinamool. I am getting threat calls and I have filed a complaint at Beldanga police station," Kabir told reporters here.
"I have urged the chief minister to increase my security," he said.
He alleged Minister of State for Railways Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury of Congress used to harass him frequently for which he had to leave and join Trinamool Congress.
Kabir said Chowdhury had started `misbehaving` with him for some time and was trying to finish him politically.
He said Chowdhury, an MP from Berhampore in Murshidabad district, was saying that he had "betrayed" Congress by joining Trinamool.
"Now, I want to ask him to narrate about how and when he joined Congress party. He was with RSP before joining Congress," Kabir claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das