WB minister pulls up strike supporters
Kolkata: West Bengal Transport minister Madan Mitra on Wednesday pulled up CPI(M) supporters who tried to block his car on the first day of the two-day strike called by central trade unions.
"What is your intention? Do you want to harass patients by blocking the road? Is it the lesson your party has taught you?" Mitra asked when CPI(M) workers stopped his car at Hazra crossing.
Police sources said the strike enforcers gheraoed the minister`s car and hurled abuses at him.
An unruffled Mitra got down from his car and asked the CPI(M) supporters why they were blocking the road making it difficult for people to reach hospitals, including the Chittaranjan National Cancer Research Institute.
The police intervened and cleared the road for the minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!