WB minister pulls up strike supporters
Kolkata: West Bengal Transport minister Madan Mitra on Wednesday pulled up CPI(M) supporters who tried to block his car on the first day of the two-day strike called by central trade unions.
"What is your intention? Do you want to harass patients by blocking the road? Is it the lesson your party has taught you?" Mitra asked when CPI(M) workers stopped his car at Hazra crossing.
Police sources said the strike enforcers gheraoed the minister`s car and hurled abuses at him.
An unruffled Mitra got down from his car and asked the CPI(M) supporters why they were blocking the road making it difficult for people to reach hospitals, including the Chittaranjan National Cancer Research Institute.
The police intervened and cleared the road for the minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?