WB minister pulls up strike supporters
Kolkata: West Bengal Transport minister Madan Mitra on Wednesday pulled up CPI(M) supporters who tried to block his car on the first day of the two-day strike called by central trade unions.
"What is your intention? Do you want to harass patients by blocking the road? Is it the lesson your party has taught you?" Mitra asked when CPI(M) workers stopped his car at Hazra crossing.
Police sources said the strike enforcers gheraoed the minister`s car and hurled abuses at him.
An unruffled Mitra got down from his car and asked the CPI(M) supporters why they were blocking the road making it difficult for people to reach hospitals, including the Chittaranjan National Cancer Research Institute.
The police intervened and cleared the road for the minister.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living