WB minister pulls up strike supporters
Kolkata: West Bengal Transport minister Madan Mitra on Wednesday pulled up CPI(M) supporters who tried to block his car on the first day of the two-day strike called by central trade unions.
"What is your intention? Do you want to harass patients by blocking the road? Is it the lesson your party has taught you?" Mitra asked when CPI(M) workers stopped his car at Hazra crossing.
Police sources said the strike enforcers gheraoed the minister`s car and hurled abuses at him.
An unruffled Mitra got down from his car and asked the CPI(M) supporters why they were blocking the road making it difficult for people to reach hospitals, including the Chittaranjan National Cancer Research Institute.
The police intervened and cleared the road for the minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you