WB minister receives threat SMS from the Maoists
Kolkata: West Bengal Transport Minister Madan Mitra on Monday said he has received a SMS threat from the Maoists in the wake of his decision to form anti-terror committees to thwart the left-wing extremists.
"Ak Madaner madote Trinamool birodhi jekono bektike Maobadi bole Chinhhito korte Gestapo bahini toiri hochhe, Sesher she din Voyangkar (We are setting up a Gestapo brigade against identification of any anti-Trinamool person as Maoist under the insistence of some Madan. Last days are terrifying)," the SMS sent by one Rupchand from Dodhichi said.
"I received this SMS last night. Already lodged a complaint with the police and informed this to the city police commissioner. I am not afraid of such a threat. The decision taken by me will remain unchanged. Those behind this SMS are cowards. If courageous, they should come forward," Mitra said.
Raising an alarm against possible Maoist threat in the state, Mitra earlier suggested setting up anti-violence and anti-terror committees under his constituency to avert any subversive activities by the ultras to destabilise the state.
"I have specific information that the Maoists are again trying to vitiate atmosphere in West Bengal to disturb peace in the state," Mitra said, adding "soon I shall launch campaign against terror and violence in my constituency to make people aware of possible threat."
Mitra also said that he had asked the Detective Department of the city police and the CID to look into the matter and initiate appropriate action to curb the menace.
"Such committees will be formed at different places under Belghoria area by the people to keep a vigil against violence, terror or any subversive activities by the Maoists," Mitra said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre