WB: Missing 12-yr old girl`s body found
Krishnanagar: The body of a 12-year
old girl, missing since last Thursday evening, was found in a pond at Kaliganj in Nadia district Monday triggering protest in
Police said the class VI student of Matiari Academy High School, was missing ever since she went to a local fair
and did not return till Thursday night.
However, the body, found stuck under water hyacinth, could not be recovered from the pond as local people demanded
a sniffer dog be first brought to the spot to net the person involved in the murder of the girl.
Police said it was too premature to ascertain if the
girl was subjected to sexual torture before murder.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India