WB: Missing 12-yr old girl`s body found
Krishnanagar: The body of a 12-year
old girl, missing since last Thursday evening, was found in a pond at Kaliganj in Nadia district Monday triggering protest in
Police said the class VI student of Matiari Academy High School, was missing ever since she went to a local fair
and did not return till Thursday night.
However, the body, found stuck under water hyacinth, could not be recovered from the pond as local people demanded
a sniffer dog be first brought to the spot to net the person involved in the murder of the girl.
Police said it was too premature to ascertain if the
girl was subjected to sexual torture before murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar